Surprise, surprise. Men and women use social media differently. An infographic from FinancesOnline.com compiled data from The Pew Research Center and Nielson Global Surveys to reveal exactly how businesses can get caught in a battle of the sexes when it comes to planning their social media.
- Men are more likely to use social media for dating or business.
- Women are more likely to use social media for staying in touch with family and friends, blogging and photo sharing, entertainment, and how-to information.
The most valuable information for social media coordinators can be found in how to market to the different demographics.
If you are targeting men
- Men prefer quick access to deals and information, and are more likely to scan a QR code or coupons.
- Men resonate with ads that include car, action, sports and sexual themes.
If you are targeting women
- Women prefer a social media encounter with brands. Females are more likely to follow or like a brand to receive deals.
- Women are less likely to take action on paid advertising. They ignore social media and text ads more often.
- Women like ads with sentimental, family, real-life, and pet and kid theme.
- If you are looking to catch both demographics create campaigns that revolve around humor, aspirations, value, celebrity, and endorsements.
Standing out in social media is not easy. But reflecting on how these statistics can improve your strategy could pay off in the long run. Check out the infographic to learn more.Read More