Many people know who Jay-Z is, and know that he is a rapper who has been pretty popular over the fifteen or so years, and that he is married to one of the most beautiful women on the planet. However, most people are surprised to find out that he is an entrepreneur, and a very good one at that. The fact that in 2009 he had a net worth of over $150 Million surely attests to that.
The following is a list of Jay-Z’s very successful entrepreneurial ventures:
- In 2003, Jay-Z opened his successful 40/40 Sports Bar in New York, with a second location in New Jersey.
- Jay-Z is a part owner of the NBA New Jersey Nets
- Former CEO of Def Jam Recordings, one of the most successful recording labels in rap music history
- Founder of Roc-A-Fella Records
- Foudner of Roc Nation Records
- Founder of Rocawear clothing, which records annual sales of $700 Million and which Jay-Z sold for $204 Million in 2007 while retaining many of his stakes in the company
On top of all this Jay-Z currently holds the record for the most #1 Albums on the Billboard 200 by a solo artist. As you can see, it is very clear that Jay-Z truly knows what it means to be an entrepreneur and to take advantages of needs in different markets.Read More