… Domain names, that is.
If you think about it, your domain name (the home URL) is one of the most important parts of your site. What someone types in the address bar is essential… is your site what they’re truly looking for? Will they be able to find your site by its domain name? The following is a summary from an article all about URL importance from All About Your Own Website.
- domain name — the address of your website… without it, your visitors won’t be able to locate your website and wouldn’t be able to read your content, buy your products or subscribe to your newsletter.
- a domain name can be pointed to any web server… make sure it is secured; never allow anybody else to have access to your domain name.
Search Engine Optimization
- a domain name may describe the nature of the website that it represents… help search engine robots to see the topic of the website –> a proper domain name will let search engine robots see that a specific website has what the searcher is looking for
- a website that has a proper website address will look more professional
- more professional = more trust = more traffic